21 March 2005

Mark Heard Revisited

Tidying out in my study, cleaning the dust out of the inside of my computer, I was listening to some old Mark Heard music and enjoying, when Charlie Cannings buzzed me on Skype. So I asked him if he had heard of Mark Heard, and he hadn't - which surprised me because Charlie is a music guy! So that made me wonder what was out on the 'net about the late MH since last I looked.
"Like bees in a bottle we are flying at fate
beating our wings against the walls of this place
unaware that the struggle is the blood of the proof
in choosing to believe the unbelievable truth
They will dig up these ruins
and make flutes of our bones
and blow a hymn to the memory
of the Orphans of God
"
Some links ...
Mark Heard Lyrics Project
Personal Comment on Mark Heard
On The Tip of His Tongue

No comments: