28 June 2009

Small world



I only realised today, when talking to others, that the young lady (left in the picture above) used to come along to Sunday School most Sundays with her sister, to the Avondale Church of the Nazarene.

Shelly was Isaacs before she married Dave (oops, forgot the surname). They have recently moved from London to Swansea, in Wales. When Rose and I met Shelly yesterday, we knew we had met her before, but could not make the connections!

Too many places, too many discombobulated journeys of people from Zim days who have gone to so many different places. Her mum, Janice, was in Children's Theatre with me and my brothers in the late 60s and early 70s, and her granny (Di Issacs) was someone I worked with in the Building Society in Harare. Small, small world.

No comments: